Maintenance/Janitor - Kinsmen
Janitor/Maintenance - Kinsmen
WestCana is looking for strong, experienced Janitor/Maintenance person with a passion for the elderly to join one of our teams to support our residents in various Long Term Care, Assisted Living and Mental Health Facilities around British Columbia.
- Provides janitorial services in the common areas in accordance with the established work routines and in the resident care rooms, as necessary.
- Responsible for the collection and disposal of recycling materials, shredding materials, and trash collection.
- Notifies management of need for repairs, and cleaning snow or debris from sidewalk.
- Review maintenance log and takes corrective action to ensure problems are addressed in a timely manner.
- Monitor the facility to identify and resolve physical facility or equipment malfunctions in an appropriate, safe and timely manner.
- Supports the facility Safety Program and monitors safety in the living and working environment, responds to and reports hazards, near misses, incidents, accidents and unsafe or faulty equipment.
- Performs other related duties as assigned.
Janitor/Maintenance Must Haves:
- Successful completion of secondary school or equivalent.
- Legally allowed to work in Canada.
- Ability to read and communicate effectively in English.
- Ability to organize work and work under strict time constraints.
- Upon Hire and annual maintenance of Valid certification in WHMIS.
Janitor/Maintenance Nice to Haves:
- Building Service Worker Certificate and/or Institutional Aide Certificate is preferred.
- Institutional cleaning experience is preferred.
- Certificate from a program in general maintenance or extensive experience as a maintenance worker, with supervisory skills is preferred.
- Previous experience in a Long-Term Care facility is preferred.
What WestCana will offer you:
- A competitive salary of $20.56* (inclusive of wage leveling)
- Paid vacation and sick entitlement, as we believe in employees’ well being.
- A benefits package that includes Extended Health & Dental Care (Chiropractor, Physiotherapy, Massage Therapy, etc), Life Insurance, Employee Assistance Program and Out of Country Emergency Care.
- Educational opportunities where we will fund your education, if approved, to help advance your career with us.
- A Talent Management Program where we will grow and develop you into supervisor and managerial roles, if desired.
- Internal opportunities at other locations within our company, since we believe in promoting from within.
- A fun environment with company events and activities. We celebrate site anniversaries, years of service, professional appreciations, staff appreciation events and an annual Holiday party.
If you are a kind, caring individual who enjoys connecting with and making a difference in the lives of elders – Apply Today: https://westcana.ca/careers/current-postings/
WestCana is positioning itself to become a leader in the Canadian Health Care Industry and know that our success is all thanks to the hardworking and passionate people who make up our team. Find out what our employees think of working with us by clicking here: westcana.ca/careers/employee-testimonials/
*Please note that Healthcare wages are currently being adjusted and topped up by the government as per the Single Site Order currently in place. Any displayed wages is therefore reflective of such initiative.