Greeter - Lynn Valley
WestCana Services Inc. is looking for strong, experienced Health Screener with a passion for the elderly to join our team at a Long Term Care Facility in the Lower Mainland!
We are proud to support residents in various Long Term Care, Assisted Living and Mental Health Facilities around British Columbia. Our locations include: Langley, Surrey, Delta, New Westminster, Burnaby, Coquitlam, Vancouver, North Vancouver, West Vancouver, Richmond, Nanaimo, Victoria, Kelowna, Naniamo, Victoria and Prince George.
We are a leader in the industry, and we are looking for an individual who has a passion for the elderly and giving back to join our team. Find out what our employees think of working with us by clicking here: https://westcana.ca/careers/employee-testimonials/
What we will offer you:
- Wage*: $20.56 (inclusive of wage leveling)
- Paid vacation and sick entitlement, as we believe in employees’ well being.
- A benefits package that includes Extended Health & Dental Care (Chiropractor, Physiotherapy, Massage Therapy, etc), Life Insurance, Employee Assistance Program and Out of Country Emergency Care.
- Educational opportunities where we will fund your education, if approved, to help advance your career with us.
- A Talent Management Program where we will grow and develop you into supervisor and managerial roles, if desired.
- Internal opportunities at other locations within our company, since we believe in promoting from within.
- A fun environment with company events and activities. We celebrate site anniversaries, years of service, professional appreciations, staff appreciation events and an annual Holiday party.
What we need from you:
- Successful completion of secondary school or equivalent.
- A minimum of 2 years recent administrative experience (ideally in a medical environment).
- Ability to read, write, and communicate effectively in English, with good interpersonal skills.
- Ability to manage and follow health and safety procedures, including COVID specific procedures.
- Knowledge of medical terminology and infection control are preferred.
- A negative TB test or chest x-ray within the last six months or ability to pass TB clearance documents.
- Clear Criminal Record Check, including vulnerable sector, through the Ministry of Justice upon hire and every 5 years thereafter.
If you are a kind, caring individual who enjoys connecting with and making a difference in the lives of elders – Apply Today!
*Please note that Healthcare wages are currently being adjusted and topped up by the government as per the Single Site Order currently in place. Any displayed wages is therefore reflective of such initiative.