This job has closed. Click here for more jobs.
Dietary Aide (WC1323)
Dietary Aide - Malaspina Gardens
WestCana is looking for Casual Dietary Aide with a passion for the elderly to join one of our teams to support our residents in Long Term Care in Nanaimo.
Click to learn more about what we can offer you!
- Casual: Days vary, Hours vary
- Wage: $20.97
- Location of Work: 100 11th Street, Nanaimo, V9R 7A4
- NOC: 65201
Dietary Aide Must Haves:
- Maintains Food Safe Level 1 Certificate.
- Maintains WHMIS certification.
- Successful completion of secondary school or equivalent.
- Legally allowed to work in Canada.
- Ability to read and communicate effectively in English.
- Effective interpersonal and conflict resolution skills.
- Ability to organize work and work under strict time constraints.
- Satisfactory proof of COVID-19 vaccinations.
- Passes and complies with Ministry of Justice Criminal Record Check upon hire and every 5 years thereafter.
Dietary Aide Nice to Haves:
- Institutional cleaning experience.
- Previous experience in Long-term Care Facility and/or food service establishment.
Dietary Aide Responsibilities:
- Sets tables, serves food, and beverages, in accordance with established policies, procedures, and the corporate HACCP plan.
- Maintains work and storage areas in a clean, safe and sanitary manner.
- Washes, cleans and stores dishes, cutlery, fixtures and equipment used for food preparation and service.
- Operates food service equipment, prepare food items, and assembles ready foods for meal trays to deliver and serve foods in resident units and dining rooms
- Reports all hazards, incidents, near misses and workplace injuries to the manager immediately and in writing.
- Adheres to Infection Control Practices
- Performs other related duties as assigned.
If you are a kind, caring individual who enjoys connecting with and making a difference in the lives of elders – Apply Today!
*Please note that Healthcare wages are being adjusted and topped up by the government currently, February 2023.
Other Companies Call This Role:
- Food Service Worker
- Food & Beverage Worker
- Kitchen Helper
- Dining Room Attendant
- Dietary Worker
- Dietary Server
- Hospitality Services
- Hospitality Aide
- Support Service Worker