Executive Sous Chef (WC1339)
Executive Sous Chef
WestCana is looking for strong, experienced Full-time Executive Sous Chef in Vancouver.
Executive Sous Chef Must Haves:
- Current qualifications as a Red Seal Chef with experience in a volume food preparation, preferably within a health care environment.
- Maintains Valid Foodsafe Level 1 and 2 Certification.
- Must have a working knowledge of HACCP.
- Holds and Maintains Valid certification in WHMIS.
- A negative TB test or chest x-ray within the last six months or ability to pass TB clearance documents.
- Clear Criminal Record Check, including vulnerable sector, through the Ministry of Justice upon hire and every 5 years thereafter.
What WestCana will offer you - Click to learn more about what we can offer you!
- Competitive Salary.
- 4 weeks vacation and 10 days of sick entitlement, as we believe in employees’ well being.
Executive Sous Chef Responsibilities:
- Supervisory duties include but are not limited to:
- recruiting, training and developing staff;
- assigning and monitoring work;
- holding monthly Team Member meetings;
- evaluating Team Member performance;
- ensuring a healthy and safe work environment; resolving conflicts;
- taking appropriate disciplinary action in consultation with the Director of Culinary Services and Human Resources.
- Participates in menu creation
- Prepares and/or monitors the preparation of daily and special event menu plans, following all dietary orders/modifications.
- Prepares inventory, month end report, weekly receivers’ reports and audits, with action plans to remedy any audits not meeting standards.
- Purchase and store inventory, monitoring operating expenditures, and adhere to WestCana inventory control systems to maximize savings and minimize waste.
- Ensuring all phases of food preparation and service meets or exceeds health and safety requirements
- i.e. Community Care Facility Act, WHMIS, WCB, provincial safety standards, etc.
- Ensure Food Safety and Quality, observational & any other necessary audits are completed as required.
- Attend meetings and participate on various committees as required.
- Manages safety of team members; safety concerns reported, investigations, documentation, as well as Employee Incidents/Injuries.
- Provide regular training / in-services to your workers, and measure the effectiveness of the training
- Ensures adequate first aid equipment, supplies, and trained attendants are on site to handle injuries.
- Ensures adherence to Infection Control Practices and provides education to Staff as required for Outbreak and basic infection control practices.
- Actively supports any workers that are on a GRTW program.
If you are a kind, caring individual who enjoys connecting with and making a difference in the lives of elders – Apply Today!
Other Companies Call This Role:
- Kitchen Supervisor
- Assistant Kitchen Manager
- Under Chef
- Second Chef