Guest Service Attendant - Derby Manor (WC256)
Guest Service Attendant - Derby Manor
WestCana is looking for strong, experienced Part-time Guest Service Attendant with a passion for the elderly to join one of our teams to support our residents in various Long Term Care, Assisted Living and Mental Health Facilities around British Columbia.
Positions/Shifts: Friday & Saturday - 11pm-7am, Part-time, Temporary
Guest Service Attendant Responsibilities:
- Responds to resident/tenant emergencies.
- Provides routine cleaning of common and other specified areas.
- Provides project work cleaning as specified by client.
- Monitors the Emergency Call Bell System Report that is sent to client and supervisor.
- Provides set-up and tear down services as required by client.
- Guest Attendant may perform a host of portering or related services, as per client request.
- Delivers supplies and cleans the common areas in accordance with the established work routines.
- Ensures the residents are provided with a secure living environment.
- Patrols the building and investigate building access violations in accordance with established policies and procedures.
- Onboards and trains new employees to the position, as required
- Attend all annual in-service education.
- Demonstrates knowledge of fire/emergency procedures and policies of the facility; participates in fire and emergency drills.
- Performs other related duties as assigned
Guest Service Attendant Must Haves:
- Legally allowed to work in Canada
- Successful completion of high school or equivalent.
- Current Workplace Hazardous Material Information’s Systems certificate.
- Building Service Worker Certificate or related work experience.
- Occupational First Aide Level 1
- Must have working knowledge of special diets.
- Emergency Response and Procedure Training.
- Clear Criminal Record Check, including vulnerable sector, through the Ministry of Justice upon hire and every 5 years thereafter.
- A negative TB test or chest x-ray within the last six months or ability to pass TB clearance documents.
- Housekeeping experience.
Guest Service Attendant Nice to Haves:
- Institutional cleaning experience is preferred.
- Effective interpersonal and conflict resolution skills.
- Ability to organize work and work under strict time constraints
- CPR certification.
- Food Safe Level one
What WestCana will offer you:
- A competitive salary
- Paid vacation and sick entitlement, as we believe in employees’ well being.
- A benefits package that includes Extended Health & Dental Care (Chiropractor, Physiotherapy, Massage Therapy, etc), Life Insurance, Employee Assistance Program and Out of Country Emergency Care.
- Educational opportunities where we will fund your education, if approved, to help advance your career with us.
- A Talent Management Program where we will grow and develop you into supervisor and managerial roles, if desired.
- Internal opportunities at other locations within our company, since we believe in promoting from within.
- A fun environment with company events and activities. We celebrate site anniversaries, years of service, professional appreciations, staff appreciation events and an annual Holiday party.
If you are a kind, caring individual who enjoys connecting with and making a difference in the lives of elders – Apply Today: https://westcana.ca/careers/current-postings/
WestCana is positioning itself to become a leader in the Canadian Health Care Industry and know that our success is all thanks to the hardworking and passionate people who make up our team. Find out what our employees think of working with us by clicking here: westcana.ca/careers/employee-testimonials/
*Please note that Healthcare wages are currently being adjusted and topped up by the government as per the Single Site Order currently in place. Any displayed wages is therefore reflective of such initiative.