Cook Helper - Shannon Oaks (WC257)
Cook Helper - Shannon Oaks, Victoria
WestCana is looking for strong, experienced Full-time Cook Helper with a passion for the elderly to join one of our teams to support our residents in various Long Term Care, Assisted Living and Mental Health Facilities around British Columbia.
- Full-time, Permanent - Wednesday to Sunday: 10:30am - 6:30pm
- Prepares food that meets or exceeds the appearance, taste, and quality expectations of the residents, families and clients.
- Prepares and/or monitors the preparation of daily and special event menu plans to ensure individual dietary needs and standards for dietary care are met or exceeded and costs remain within approved budget allocations.
- Implements and maintains inventory control systems to maximize savings and minimize waste.
- Ensuring all phases of food preparation meets or exceeds health and safety requirements i.e. Community Care Facility Act, WHMIS, WCB, provincial safety standards etc.
- All safety rules and safe work procedures are adhered to at all times.
- Performs other related duties as assigned.
Cook Must Haves:
- Current qualification(s) as a cook with some experience in a volume food preparation environment.
- Maintains Food Safe Level 1 Certification.
- Legally allowed to work in Canada.
- Ability to read and communicate effectively in English.
- Effective interpersonal and conflict resolution skills.
- Ability to organize work and work under strict time constraints.
Cook Nice to Haves:
- Previous experience in Long-term Care Facility and/or previous food service establishment experience.
What WestCana will offer you:
- A competitive salary.
- Paid vacation and sick entitlement, as we believe in employees’ well being.
- A benefits package that includes Extended Health & Dental Care (Chiropractor, Physiotherapy, Massage Therapy, etc), Life Insurance, Employee Assistance Program and Out of Country Emergency Care.
- Educational opportunities where we will fund your education, if approved, to help advance your career with us.
- A Talent Management Program where we will grow and develop you into supervisor and managerial roles, if desired.
- Internal opportunities at other locations within our company, since we believe in promoting from within.
- A fun environment with company events and activities. We celebrate site anniversaries, years of service, professional appreciations, staff appreciation events and an annual Holiday party.
If you are a kind, caring individual who enjoys connecting with and making a difference in the lives of elders – Apply Today: https://westcana.ca/careers/current-postings/
WestCana is positioning itself to become a leader in the Canadian Health Care Industry and know that our success is all thanks to the hardworking and passionate people who make up our team. Find out what our employees think of working with us by clicking here: westcana.ca/careers/employee-testimonials/
*Please note that Healthcare wages are currently being adjusted and topped up by the government as per the Single Site Order currently in place. Any displayed wages is therefore reflective of such initiative.