Dietary Aide - Sun Pointe Village (WC279)
Dietary Aide - Sun Point Village
WestCana is looking for strong, experienced Casual Dietary Aide with a passion for the elderly to join one of our teams to support our residents in various Long Term Care, Assisted Living and Mental Health Facilities around British Columbia.
Join WestCana as a casual employee and grow into a part-time role!
- Casual: As needed, 10:30am-6:30pm, possibility to grow into part-time(x3)
Dietary Aide Responsibilities:
- Sets tables, serves food, and beverages, in accordance with established policies, procedures, and the corporate HACCP plan.
- Maintains work and storage areas in a clean, safe and sanitary manner.
- Washes, cleans and stores dishes, cutlery, fixtures and equipment used for food preparation and service.
- Operates food service equipment, prepare food items, and assembles ready foods for meal trays to deliver and serve foods in resident units and dining rooms
- Reports all hazards, incidents, near misses and workplace injuries to the manager immediately and in writing.
- Adheres to Infection Control Practices
Dietary Aide Must Haves:
- Maintains Food Safe Level 1 Certificate.
- Maintains WHMIS certification.
- Successful completion of secondary school or equivalent.
- Legally allowed to work in Canada.
- Ability to read and communicate effectively in English.
- Effective interpersonal and conflict resolution skills.
- Ability to organize work and work under strict time constraints.
Dietary Aide Nice to Haves:
- Building Service Worker Certificate, Institutional Aide Certificate and/or Basic Food Safe Certificate.
- Institutional cleaning experience.
- Previous experience in Long-term Care Facitilty and/or food service establishment.
What WestCana will offer you:
- A competitive salary: $16.91-$20.56*
- Paid vacation and sick entitlement, as we believe in employees’ well being.
- A benefits package that includes Extended Health & Dental Care (Chiropractor, Physiotherapy, Massage Therapy, etc), Life Insurance, Employee Assistance Program and Out of Country Emergency Care.
- Educational opportunities where we will fund your education, if approved, to help advance your career with us.
- A Talent Management Program where we will grow and develop you into supervisor and managerial roles, if desired.
- Internal opportunities at other locations within our company, since we believe in promoting from within.
- A fun environment with company events and activities. We celebrate site anniversaries, years of service, professional appreciations, staff appreciation events and an annual Holiday party.
If you are a kind, caring individual who enjoys connecting with and making a difference in the lives of elders – Apply Today: https://westcana.ca/careers/current-postings/
WestCana is positioning itself to become a leader in the Canadian Health Care Industry and know that our success is all thanks to the hardworking and passionate people who make up our team. Find out what our employees think of working with us by clicking here: westcana.ca/careers/employee-testimonials/
*Please note that Healthcare wages are currently being adjusted and topped up by the government as per the Single Site Order currently in place. Any displayed wages is therefore reflective of such initiative.