Support Service Manager - Simon Fraser Lodge (WC280)
Support Service Manager – Simon Fraser Lodge
Are you an Execute Chef, Restaurant Manager, or Hotel Manager that has been put out of work recently? Are you looking for a change – don’t want to work nights or weekends anymore? Come join the WestCana Team as a Support Service Manger role in Prince George, BC!
This role is a Monday to Friday, high level managerial position reporting directly to the region’s Operations Manager.
Support Services Manager Must Haves:
- 2+ years management experience in a large complex care facility, retirement community or fast-paced restaurant environment.
- Holds and maintains valid Foodsafe Level 1 and 2 Certification, with a strong culinary knowledge of safe food handling practice.
- Eligible to join and maintain the Canadian Society of Nutritional Management (CSNM) – we will pay for your membership!
- Ability to travel if necessary & be “on-call” if needed.
- Ability to clear Criminal Record Check.
Support Services Manager Nice to Haves:
- Nutritional Management Certification is preferred.
- Working knowledge of Therapeutic diets is an asset.
- Current knowledge of residential guidelines according to the health authority is an asset.
Support Services Manager Role & Responsibilities:
- Oversee the food services, housekeeping and laundry departments, providing leadership and direction to all contracted care staff.
- Participate in menu planning & creation.
- Supervise food preparation, food service and food production.
- Manage inventory, month end report, weekly receivers’ reports, and audits.
- Hold regular monthly staff meetings and site/corporate meetings including occupational health and safety, infection control, and food committee.
- Manage recruitment, training, and developing of staff
- Manage scheduling, assigning and monitoring of work
- Evaluates Team Member performance
- Maintains a healthy and safe work environment, resolving conflicts and grievances, and taking appropriate disciplinary action in consultation with the Operations Manager and Human Resources.
- Respond to emergency situations.
What WestCana will Offer you:
- A competitive salary of $65,000 annually - flexible on the basis of experience.
- Paid vacation and sick entitlement, as we believe in employees’ well being.
- A benefits package that includes Extended Health & Dental Care (Chiropractor, Physiotherapy, Massage Therapy, etc), Life Insurance, Employee Assistance Program and Out of Country Emergency Care.
- Educational opportunities where we will fund your education, if approved, to help advance your career with us.
- A fun environment with company events and activities. We celebrate site anniversaries, years of service, professional appreciations, staff appreciation events and an annual Holiday party.
If you are a kind, caring individual who enjoys connecting with and making a difference in the lives of elders – Apply Today! https://westcana.ca/careers/current-postings/